Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful for the waiting

After finding out that we will be able to purchase the land we need for our septic system, it turns out the optimum location is in a place that will not be visible AND will allow us to put in a less-expensive system. Wow. Can I just say how blessed I am feeling right now? I tend to be the planner, and once I have my plan, I want to execute the plan RIGHT NOW.

The journey we are on with this house is teaching me to slow down, enjoy the ride, look around and 'treasure' all of the little things because there is goodness to be found along the way.

At the same time, I can picture the house in my mind already finished, and I can feel the restored wood flooring beneath my feet, picture my family and I sitting on the front porch drinking lemonade and laughing at the dogs running around the yard. Can anyone relate to this?

It is so appropriate that next week we celebrate Thanksgiving...and I am so overwhelmingly, tearfully thankful.

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann
    We can of course relate to your dreams of a finished house!
    but... right now we are working our day jobs and then at least 4 hours every night on the big house, and every weekend, even Thanksgiving day, because come hell or high water, we are moving in January first.... so right now its hard to dream of a finished home, let alone a working shower!
    Hee hee
    oh by the way... if you see any refrigerator boxes along the road call me, because we may need to live in one!
    Happy holidays to you all and do get over here for a quick visit when you can... it will be an eye opener.
    Mark
    www.227northstreet.com

    ReplyDelete