Monday, September 27, 2010

See This Chair?

This chair clearly has seen better days but I plan to have it reupholstered to give it new life. I have no idea how old it is, how long it has been in the house, but here it sits upstairs...just waiting for some love. ;-)  I love the shape of the back and arms, and look at those feet!

It's new home will be downstairs in the living room and I'm thinking it will be a good jumping off point for the room's decor. I love something velvety in the living room for the coziness, so maybe a deep navy or aubergine velvet?

--A.

2 comments:

  1. An amazing olden chair..the minute I saw it, burplap with frenchy stamp...all in the eye of the beholder, right.? It will be beautiful in velvet, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bj! I'm intrigued by fabric! can you show me a link to an example?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete